Friday, May 4, 2012

Life is Darkness - Sketchbook Volume 1

Life is Darkness - Sketchbook Volume 1 is here! It features some of my sketchbook work from April 2011 to April 2012.
It's available at TCAF. I only made 12 of these. Hopefully, I sell them? :D I could only make so little because it's all hand bound. Full colours!
The inside of made of accordion fold, one loooooooong page when you expand it (I think about 10.5 feet, I haven't measured it). Take a look at some of the pages:


I think I really like furry snakes.



"Why so ugly gray?" You might ask. It's because I made it look like one of my favourite sketchbooks. I love utilitarian thick empty gray cardboards my sketchbook has. I first saw this kind of binding from ReadyMade books. And I'm still in love with such binding. It's fun to draw on the cover.

I also often cover my sketchbook with stickers. The zine suppose to look like my sketchbook. Thanks Selena for the idea! And also J. W. Cotter's Driven by Lemons.

The table is almost set up. See you tomorrow at TCAF! xoxo

1 comment:

Yumayah said...

I looked at the back of the sketchbook I bought from you *3* and I got so confused! It's stark blank! Vol2 should have something on it !!...I don't know what!! But I look forward to sketchbook 02 x3