Thursday, June 24, 2010

We Mop!

I am having a group show, "Just Act Natural" in Kingston. My piece here is called "We Mop!". These bunnies look like mops and they are sweeping the forest ground. Yeah, I know. I am not too happy with this work either. However, I just didn't have enough time. *cry* My plan to have a painting & illustration focused summer has been shattered. I'm teaching 4 classes this summer (fun classes, I promise!), working as a research assistant, writing thesis paper and auditing a summer printing class. I also work at my parents' store on the weekends. I'd like to live in a world where I can just happily paint, but what can I say. We all gotta pay the bills. Anyways, here it is. Haters gonna hate.

Here is the info if you in the Kingston area:

Studio22
320 King St. East (2nd Floor), Kingston, ON K7L 3B4
Creative Directors: Ally and Hirsch Jacob
613.842.9895    map   studio22 homepage
Exhibition: June 25–27th, 2010, 1–5pm daily
Reception: Saturday, June 26th, 2010, 7-10pm


You can view my artist statement for the piece.

2 comments:

Irma Kniivila said...

oh em gee.

I love this concept. SO much.

Hyein Lee said...

Haha.. thanks, Irma.